Annual Spring Show
Links to 2019 show pictures
Spring Show 2023 Location
Links to past years' show pictures
2023's MODELFY Category
Registration Forms (download and fill out, then print)
2023 SPRING SHOW CATEGORIES -
Note: Categories are being updated, thank you for your patience.
Note: * Indicates categories eligible for Out of Box award
(Ages through 17. At their discretion juniors may enter senior classes)
001. Aircraft *
002. Armor *
003. Automotive *
004. Space Fact/Experimental/Future Technologies/Sci-Fi. *
005. Prefinished (any subject. must have some modification from out of the box)
006. Miscellaneous (incl. figures, dinosaurs, naval) *
BEST JUNIOR AWARD
101. 1/73 & smaller; all subjects *
102. 1/72 single prop, turbo prop and gliders *
103. 1/48 single prop, turbo prop and gliders *
A. Axis *
B. Allied *
104. 1/72 multi prop, turbo prop *
105. 1/48 multi prop, turbo prop *
106. 1/32 & larger prop, turbo prop and gliders *
107. 1/72 single jet *
108. 1/48 single jet *
109. 1/72nd multi jet *
110. 1/48 multi jet *
111. 1/32 & larger jet *
112. Airliners, civil, sport, racing, airships; all scales *
113. Rotary wing; *
114. Biplanes/Vintage Types *
A. 1/72nd and Smaller *
B. 1/71st and Larger *
115. Miscellaneous; scratchbuilts, vacs & conversion.
BEST AIRCRAFT AWARD
MILITARY VEHICLES & WEAPONS:
201. 1/35 & larger, closed top through 1945 *
A. Axis *
B. Allied *
202. 1/35 & larger, closed top after 1945 *
203. 1/35 & larger open top AFV, half-tracks & self-propelled guns *
204. 1/36 & smaller, all eras & subjects *
A. 1/36th &smaller (except 1/48th), all eras & subjects *
B. 1/48th all eras & subjects *
205. Soft-skinned, all eras & scales *
206. Towed artillery & missiles, all eras & scales *
207. Miscellaneous; scratchbuilts, & conversions
208. Speculative Armor
BEST MILITARY VEHICLE/WEAPONS AWARD
(Horse & rider, mounted or dismounted are a single figure.
Two figures on base are a diorama.)
301. Smaller than 54mm (excluding 1/35th)
302. 54mm (including 1/35th)
303. Larger than 54mm
304. Sci-fi, Fantasy Figures and Creatures, Real Space
BEST FIGURE AWARD
401. Powered - 1/700 and smaller *
402. Powered -1/699 to 1/350th *
403. Powered - 1/349 and larger *
404. Unpowered, all scales *
405. Submarines *
A. 1/73 and smaller *
B. 1/72 and larger *
BEST SHIP AWARD
(All scales; non-military)
501. Factory Stock *
502. Hot Rods *
503. Custom *
504. Pick-up trucks *
505. Commercial Truck, Van, Fire & Rescue, Misc *
506. Competition - Closed Wheel *
507. Competition - Open Wheel *
508. Large scale autos/trucks, all subjects, 1/19 and larger *
509. Motorcycle *
BEST AUTOMOTIVE AWARD
SPACE FACT / EXPERIMENTAL / SCI-FI VEHICLES (all scales)
601. Space Fact *
602. Aerospace Testbeds & Record Breakers *
603. Sci-fi Vehicles *
604. Sci-Fi Figures and Creatures *
A. 1/100 scale and larger
B. 1/144 scale and smaller, unmodified models
C. 1/144 scale and smaller, modified * models
Modified models include any models that have any of the following:
Extra scribing or panel line detail added to the base kit by the modeler
Extra plastic detail added to the base kit by the modeler
Kit-bashing (mixing parts from more than one kit to create a model)
Any other detail added/changed by the modeler, other than color scheme, where the base model is different from the model presented for judging
BEST SPACE FACT/ EXPERIMENTAL/SCI-FI VEHICLES AWARD
DIORAMA / VIGNETTE:
(all scales) A diorama is two or more models relating to tell a story.
704. Space facts/ Future Technologies/ Fantasy (Including dinosaurs)
BEST DIORAMA/ VIGNETTE AWARD
801. Collections (5 or more related models)
802. Flights of Fancy/Hypotheticals (all scales)
804. Group Builds
805. Miscellaneous (anything not covered above)
901. 1:144 Out of box
902. 1:144 Customized - Adding details, scribing, kit bashing conversion, etc.
903. 1:100 Out of box
904. 1:100 Customized - Adding details, scribing, kit bashing conversion, etc.
905. 1:60 and larger Out of box and Customized
Prior IPMS-Seattle First Place winning models are not eligible (except in Collections Category and Group Builds).
IPMS-USA National Contest Rules generally apply.
Head judges' decisions are final! If you have a question please contact them.
Only one category per model.
Where classes are subject to interpretation, the entrant may choose the category;. Judge's may reassign models to a more appropriate classes at their discretion.
If your diorama is overly large, or has special requirements, please contact the show chairman prior to the show.
At the judges' discretion "HIGHLY COMMENDED" ribbons may also be awarded.
At the judges discretion categories may be split.
Judges wear ID tags. After awards are posted, feel free to discuss your results with them.
There will be One "Best Out of the Box" award per designated (*) category.
Models in display cases during judging will NOT be judged. No exceptions.
All Out of the Box entries must have the kit instructions on the table with the model to be eligible for an OOB award.
© IPMS-Seattle. All rights reserved.