These are the 2017 Special Awards sponsored by an individual or company.
Some, like "Best Finish" are presented by IPMS-Seattle.
(Last revised March 17, 2017)
- Best British/Commonwealth Subject sponsored by Robert Allen, Andrew Birkbeck
- Best Canadian Subject sponsored by IPMS Vancouver BC
- Best Submarine sponsored by Oregon Historical Modelers's Society
- Best Bare Metal Finish sponsored by IPMS/Tacoma Green Dragon/Les Sundt Memorial Chapter
- Best Small Air Forces sponsored by Mike Millette
- Best Pacific War Subject sponsored by Tracy White
- Best Figure sponsored by Northwest Fantasy Face and Body Art
- Best Fire/Life Safety Subject sponsored by Seaside Fire Service
- Best Street Rod/Custom sponsored by IPMS/PSAMA
- Best Sci-Fi Subject sponsored by Galaxy Hobby
- Best Military Subject in Honor of Dale Moes - sponsored by George Stray, Roy Schlicht, Shawn Gehling
- Best French Subject sponsored by Djordje Nikolic and Jacob Russell
- Best German Subject sponsored by Andrew Bertschi and Jon Fincher
- Best Italian Subject - In Memory of Stephen Tontoni, sponsored by Will Perry and Ralph Braun
- Best Japanese Subject sponsored by Tim Nelson and Woody Yeung
- KaylorMade Award for Outstanding Kitbashing sponsored by Kris Kaylor of KaylorMade
- Best U.S. Subject sponsored by Woldale (Jim and Donna Read)
- Best P-40 Aircraft sponsored by IPMS Albany, Oregon
- Best 1/72nd Bomber Aircraft sponsored by Fred May
- a. Prior IPMS-Seattle First Place winning models are not eligible (except in Collections Category and Group Builds).
- b. IPMS-USA National Contest Rules generally apply. Please see the Contest Rules link on this this page for specific rules for the Seattle IPMS contest.
- c. Head judges' decisions are final! If you have a question please contact them.
- d. Only one category per model.
- e. Where classes are subject to interpretation, the entrant may choose the category;. Judge's may reassign models to a more appropriate classes at their discretion.
- f. If your diorama is overly large, or has special requirements, please contact the show chairman prior to the show.
- g. At the judges' discretion "HIGHLY COMMENDED" ribbons may also be awarded.
- h. At the judges discretion categories may be split.
- i. Judges wear ID tags. After awards are posted, feel free to discuss your results with them.
- j. There will be One "Best Out of the Box" award per designated (*) category.
- k. Models in display cases during judging will NOT be judged. No exceptions.
- l. All Out of the Box entries must have the kit instructions on the table with the model to be eligible for an OOB award.