2017 SPRING SHOW CATEGORIES - (Revised February 11, 2014)Note: * Indicates categories eligible for Out of Box award
JUNIOR:(Ages through 17. At their discretion juniors may enter senior classes)
- 001. Aircraft *
- 002. Armor *
- 003. Automotive *
- 004. Space Fact/Experimental/Future Technologies/Sci-Fi. *
- 005. Prefinished (any subject. must have some modification from out of the box)
- 006. Miscellaneous (incl. figures, dinosaurs, naval) *
- 101. 1/73 & smaller; all subjects *
- 102. 1/72 single prop, turbo prop and gliders *
- 103. 1/48 single prop, turbo prop and gliders *
- A. Axis *
- B. Allied *
- 104. 1/72 multi prop, turbo prop *
- 105. 1/48 multi prop, turbo prop *
- 106. 1/32 & larger prop, turbo prop and gliders *
- 107. 1/72 single jet *
- 108. 1/48 single jet *
- 109. 1/72nd multi jet *
- 110. 1/48 multi jet *
- 111. 1/32 & larger jet *
- 112. Airliners, civil, sport, racing, airships; all scales *
- 113. Rotary wing; *
- 114. Biplanes/Vintage Types *
- A. 1/72nd and Smaller *
- B. 1/71st and Larger *
- 115. Miscellaneous; scratchbuilts, vacs & conversion.
MILITARY VEHICLES & WEAPONS:
- 201. 1/35 & larger, closed top through 1945 *
- A. Axis *
- B. Allied *
- 202. 1/35 & larger, closed top after 1945 *
- 203. 1/35 & larger open top AFV, half-tracks & self-propelled guns *
- 204. 1/36 & smaller, all eras & subjects *
- A. 1/36th &smaller (except 1/48th), all eras & subjects *
- B. 1/48th all eras & subjects *
- 205. Soft-skinned, all eras & scales *
- 206. Towed artillery & missiles, all eras & scales *
- 207. Miscellaneous; scratchbuilts, & conversions
- 208. Speculative Armor
FIGURES:(Horse & rider, mounted or dismounted are a single figure.
Two figures on base are a diorama.)
- 301. Smaller than 54mm (excluding 1/35th)
- 302. 54mm (including 1/35th)
- 303. Larger than 54mm
- 304. Sci-fi, Fantasy Figures and Creatures, Real Space
- 401. Powered - 1/700 and smaller *
- 402. Powered -1/699 to 1/350th *
- 403. Powered - 1/349 and larger *
- 404. Unpowered, all scales *
- 405. Submarines *
- A. 1/73 and smaller *
- B. 1/72 and larger *
AUTOMOTIVE:(All scales; non-military)
- 501. Factory Stock *
- 502. Hot Rods *
- 503. Custom *
- 504. Pick-up trucks *
- 505. Commercial Truck, Van, Fire & Rescue, Misc *
- 506. Competition - Closed Wheel *
- 507. Competition - Open Wheel *
- 508. Large scale autos/trucks, all subjects, 1/19 and larger *
- 509. Motorcycle *
SPACE FACT / EXPERIMENTAL / SCI-FI VEHICLES (all scales)
- 601. Space Fact *
- 602. Aerospace Testbeds & Record Breakers *
- 603. Sci-fi Vehicles *
- 604. Sci-Fi Figures and Creatures *
- 605. Gundams
- A. 1/144 and smaller
- B. 1/100 and larger
- C. Out of Box *
DIORAMA / VIGNETTE:(all scales) A diorama is two or more models relating to tell a story.
- 701. Aircraft
- 702. Automotive
- 703. Armor
- 704. Space facts/ Future Technologies/ Fantasy (Including dinosaurs)
- 705. Naval
- 706. Figure
- 801. Collections (5 or more related models)
- 802. Flights of Fancy/Hypotheticals (all scales)
- 803. Animals/Dinosaurs
- 804. Group Builds
- 805. Miscellaneous (anything not covered above)
- 807. Modelfy
SPECIAL AWARDS(See our Special Categories web page)
- a. Prior IPMS-Seattle First Place winning models are not eligible (except in Collections Category and Group Builds).
- b. IPMS-USA National Contest Rules generally apply.
- c. Head judges' decisions are final! If you have a question please contact them.
- d. Only one category per model.
- e. Where classes are subject to interpretation, the entrant may choose the category;. Judge's may reassign models to a more appropriate classes at their discretion.
- f. If your diorama is overly large, or has special requirements, please contact the show chairman prior to the show.
- g. At the judges' discretion "HIGHLY COMMENDED" ribbons may also be awarded.
- h. At the judges discretion categories may be split.
- i. Judges wear ID tags. After awards are posted, feel free to discuss your results with them.
- j. There will be One "Best Out of the Box" award per designated (*) category.
- k. Models in display cases during judging will NOT be judged. No exceptions.
- l. All Out of the Box entries must have the kit instructions on the table with the model to be eligible for an OOB award.